You know what they say: you can lead a herring to water, but you have to walk really fast or he'll die.~Rose Nylund

Monday, September 10, 2012

Golden Quotes of the Day

You're getting a few this time:

Barbara Thorndyke: Blanche, the waves are a metaphor. You see a metaphor...

Blanche: I know what a metaphor is dear, I'm not a dummy.

Rose: Blanche, what's a metaphor?

Blanche: It's when you use a phrase to mean something else. Like when I say "men are blinded by my beauty". They're not really blinded. They get their sight back in a day or two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dorothy: You know, I think I saw Jack and Janet give Chrissy this treatment on an episode of Three's Company.

Blanche: Oh, at last a reference from Dorothy that even we illiterates can understand.

Rose: I guess her well of knowledge has run dry. That's a metaphor, Dorothy.

And the scene:

1 comment:

  1. I hate that damn Barbara Thorndyke!Damn her!

    ReplyDelete